Forest & Bluegum Pet Friendly Farm Stay Cottages
Check Dates Book Online
Horses, dogs, cats and birds - your furry and feathered (and even hairy and scaly) family members are most welcome at Diamond Forest Farm Stay. Up until now these are the pets that have accompanied their owners on holidays, and all have been well behaved and have enjoyed their holiday along with the rest of the family.
Each of the cottages at Diamond Forest Farm Stay are enhanced by the warmth of a sunny easterly aspect, vaulted ceilings, beautiful feature slate floors and verandahs with panoramic rural outlooks over the property and beyond. Situated 60 to 100 metres apart for privacy our four cosy, two bedroom cottages are well equipped to provide you with all the modern essentials you would expect of quality self contained accommodation to ensure your holiday stay is comfortable and relaxing. For more information see itemised list below.
Pet Friendly Cottages
Forest and Bluegum Cottages
- Sleeps a maximum of 5 people within 2 seperate bedrooms
- Queen ensemble bed in the main bedroom
- 2 ensemble singles and 1 inner spring trundle bed (suitable for a child) in the second bedroom
- Pet friendly secure, sheltered, grassed enclosure 1.6m high, 6m x 9m with direct access to the cottage so you can leave your dogs on the property knowing they are safe and secure
Our pet friendly cottages are very popular so it is essential to book early. Please ensure that you indicate on your booking, in the section provided, that you are bringing your dog. Charges of $10 per dog per night (maximum of 2 dogs) apply.
- Your pets are allowed inside the cottage on the slate floors, however are required to be kept off the carpets (bedroom areas), furniture and bedding. The doors to the carpeted bedrooms can be shut, thereby allowing pets free run of the slate floored areas within the cottage. Covers are provided for the lounge suites.
- Rules regarding dogs on the property are in line with those imposed by any local Council: dogs must be kept on a leash at all times on the property as there are lots of free-range pet animals that many dogs can’t resist the temptation to chase, and other guests on the property that may not be comfortable around dogs. Off lead areas are available but are dependant on current guests and your dog.
- All droppings must be picked up (including those in the dog enclosure at the cottage)
- Dogs must not cause a nuisance by noise or otherwise to other guests
- Guests are liable for any damage or injury caused by their pets.
- Well behaved, quiet pets may be left at the cottage while you explore our area or visit local restaurants. Please notify us that you are leaving your dog, let us know where you are intending to go and leave us with a contact number so that we can contact you should there be any problems. If your dog is stressed or creating problems for other guests we will call you and ask you to return.
Much of the area around Pemberton is National Park and dogs are not allowed; however there are many places they can go such as the Diamond State Forest (directly across the road) and Big Brook Dam. Additionally, some of the lovely restaurants, wineries and cafes in the area are pet friendly and will allow your well behaved dog to join you for lunch. We can provide you with a list of these upon check in.
For horse enthusiasts who love to holiday with their four-legged friend there is a labyrinth of great logging tracks that can be followed on horseback for miles and miles through the Diamond State Forest adjacent to Diamond Forest Farm Stay. Additionally, for your peace of mind, your equine friend can be accommodated in full view of your cottage, in a safe grassy paddock with water available. Fences are constructed of reasonably new ring lock wire and treated pine posts.
Tips for Travelling with Dogs
"Crate training" can be a useful tool for pets that will be regularly travelling. A properly crate trained dog will think of the crate as their own safe place and will be happy to spend time there when needed. The familiarity of the crate can help your dog to feel comfortable in unfamiliar surroundings and in circumstances when you have to go out and need to leave him or her behind.
For other information on travelling with dogs go to
Click here to view images of Bluegum & Forest Cottages
View floor plan
- 2 Door fridge freezer
- Gas cook top (4 burner)
- Electric fry pan
- Frying pan
- Coffee plunger
- Wine glasses
- Variety of cooking utensils
- Variety of bowls & plastics
- Chopping boards
- Water jug
- Dish draining rack
- Small torch
- Tea towels & oven mitt
- Rubbish bin liners
- Starter pack of tea, coffee & sugar
- Rice Cooker
- Toaster Oven/Mini Grill & Bake
- Reverse cycle air conditioner
- LCD flat screen television
- CD/DVD player
- 2-seater lounge x 2
- Coffee table
- Small dining tables x 2
- Dining chairs x 4
- Place mats x 4
- Spare chair
- Toilet paper
- Toilet brush
- Toilet spray
- Hair dryer
- Queen bed
- Bedside tables
- Bedside lamps
- Clock radio
- Single ensemble beds x 2 Trundle bed x 1
- Small wardrobe
- Ironing board
- Blankets x 2
- Spare pillows
- Board Games and card games
Private gas barbeque on verandah
Electric blankets on queen bed and king singles during the cooler months
All doonas, sheets, pillows and towels provided
Heated towel rail & heat lamps in bathroom
Outdoor bench seat on your own private front verandah
Broom & mop, dust pan & brush, pegs and bucket on the back verandah