Our Cancellation Policy
Your booking with us constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
A deposit is required to be paid to the accommodation provider by the person booking accommodation as a gesture of goodwill and a promise between the accommodation provider and the guest to ensure that both parties honour their responsibility – the accommodation provider to reserve the accommodation and not book it out to another party, and the guest to arrive on the given date for the specified amount of time and paying the agreed tariff.
Sometimes unfortunate circumstances prevent guests from honouring their booking and in most cases other enquiries have been turned away by the accommodation provider in order to hold the reservation. For this reason the accommodation provider reserves the right to enforce the following terms:
- COVID Policy re Isolation: Any cancellation as a result of a positive covid test and need to isolate will incur a 50% cancellation fee. If accommodation is able to be rebooked a pro rata refund will be given.
- COVID Policy: All guests entering the property must be compliant with any and all government directives or mandates in relation to COVID19. In the event a shutdown is enacted by authorities which stops a guest from being able to carry out their intended stay, we will place any funds held for that booking in trust for a future stay date to be advised by the guest subject to availability. No cancellation charges will be incurred by the guest. If however a refund of funds paid is required our standard cancellation terms will apply as below.
- Deposit Amount: A deposit is required to confirm all bookings. The amount of deposit will be one nights tariff and is required to be paid at the time of the initial booking to confirm the reservation. The remaining balance is due 14 days or more prior to arrival date.
- Security: Credit Card details must be supplied as security for all reservations regardless whether the deposit is to be charged to that credit card.
- Payment: Payments may be made by online bank transfer (EFT), MasterCard or Visa ( surcharge of 2% applies to any card payment).
- Balance of Payment: Balance of payment is due at least 14 calendar days before arrival by direct deposit or card payment (2% fee applies to all card payments) an email will be sent 21 days prior to arrival date with payment instruction.
- Cancellation: In the event that a guest cancels a reservation the accommodation provider will make all endeavours to fill the cancelled dates.
- Cancellation Alternative: As an alternative to cancelling a booking, a guest may choose to transfer their booking “as is” to a friend or family member. Dates will remain as booked and will not be rescheduled by the accommodation provider.
- Cancellation Terms: If a cancellation occurs 30 days or more prior to the check in date the deposit will be refunded minus a $35 administration fee.
- Cancellation Terms: In the event that a cancellation occurs less than 30 days but more than 14 days to the check in date the fee will be the deposit paid.
- Cancellation Terms : If a cancellation occurs 14 days or less to check in date, the entire tariff will be forfeit. If dates are re booked a refund will be given on a pro rata basis minus an administration fee.
- Failure to arrive or early departure will forfeit remaining tariff.
- Cottage Allocation: In most cases cottage allocation is not discussed with a guest at time of booking. Diamond Forest Farm Stay allocates cottages to guests according to bedding configurations and the suitability of sleeping arrangements to each individual booking. Occasionally a particular cottage may be requested by a guest and Diamond Forest Farm Stay will endeavour to accommodate all requests, however a different cottage may be allocated on arrival according to other bookings received and sleeping arrangements required.
- Cleaning and Damages: A fixed amount of time is allocated to clean each cottage at guest departure. The cottage should be left in a tidy state which includes washing and drying dishes. Time required for additional cleaning will be charged at $40 per hour or part thereof. The guest is responsible for any damages or breakages. Additional cleaning and damages will be automatically charged to your credit card.
- Late Checkout: If not pre-arranged with management, checkout after 10am where cleaners are delayed will be charged at $40 per hour or part thereof.
- Change of date: A change of date will be considered under the same guidelines as for cancellations listed above.