Southern Forests of Western Australia Food & Wine
Comfort Food & Wine
While staying at Diamond Forest Farm Stay why not make it your mission to find the best food & wine in the Pemberton region or the coziest café with the best coffee in town, maybe head out to a winery or country pub for a hearty, comforting meal. Try the fresh local produce at one of the many award winning cafes or restaurants, or buy your supplies direct from the co-op, a roadside stall or farm. Or even better still if you like the idea of trying something totally unique why not visit the Wine & Truffle Company and indulge yourself with truffle infused fine food or maybe some Truffle products from the gift shop.
As they say, “Where the wine grapes flourish, so do the good times.” Take some time out to visit some of the local wineries where you can sample some of the finest wines the Pemberton region has to offer. Some of Mark and Kerriann’s favourite wines are from: Lost Lake , Hidden River , Donnelly River , Mountford (Organic Wine & Cider), Silkwood Wines and Truffle Hill , all within a short drive from your cottage.
Diamond Forest Farm Stay is conveniently situated only 10 minutes drive to Manjimup and 15 minutes drive to Pemberton. Manjimup is a sizeable commercial centre with Coles and Woolworths for all your grocery needs; all the basic convenience stores that you would expect of a country town including a newsagency, post office, an excellent local butcher (Manjimup Meat Mart), fantastic bakery (Rose’s), several banks and a lot of lovely specialty needs and boutique stores for your country shopping adventure.
Or why not buy your food directly from the farm. A. Guadagnino & Co is a farm on Seven Day Road where you can buy seasonal, freshly picked produce right at the packing shed. You must take cash with you, though, as there are no eftpos facilities.
Pemberton is a picturesque country town with a very well equipped independent grocery store (IGA), a bakery, butcher and a handful of convenience, boutique and gift stores.
Pet Friendly Dining
These days there are a few lovely places in both Manjimup and Pemberton that allow well behaved dogs to accompany their family for lunch. The following cafe/wineries are well worth the visit: Jarrah Jacks, Hidden River Winery, Lavender & Berry Farm Cafe, Holy Smoke Cafe and in Pemberton and in Manjimup Tall Timbers Cafe and Two Little Black Birds. Or you might like a picnic at the Timber and Heritage Park for something a little different.
You can expect warm, friendly personalised service, delicious food, lovely views, delightful wines and a warm welcome for canine companions too.
Dining Out for Lunch
- Hidden River Winery – consistently delicious fine food & great wine. pet friendly
- Silkwood Winery – great food & wine and a gorgeous setting for that special occasion. (Currently not open)
- Tall Timbers Cafe/Restaurant Manjimup– Lovely setting creating some nice meals. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. pet friendly
- Sooma Restaurant– Sooma Restaurant offers share plate dining in a modern, relaxed and friendly environment
Dining Out for Dinner
- Café Mazz at the Pemberton Hotel – family atmosphere and all the old menu favourites pet friendly
- Lakeside Restaurant at Karri Valley Resort – lovely ambience for a special occasion
- Jaspers Whiskey Bar
- Treehouse Tapas and Wine Bar
- Cilantros Manjimup- Beautiful Indian food or pasta or steak in an intimate setting
- Tall Timbers Manjimup– Quality food establishment in Manjimup township
- Kingsley Motel Manjimup– Consistently good food and a wine list supporting local vineyards and family friendly
- Chefingos – Award winning chef, beautiful meals, pets welcome in outdoor dining areas
Although there are others, Mark & Kerriann personally recommend…
- Manji Central Deli & Caravan Park – for the best old fashioned hamburger you’ve had since you were a child.
- Farmhouse Pizza Manjimup
- Go Fresh Fish & Chips
- Subway Manjimup
- Lavender & Berry Farm Pemberton – berry pancakes to die for! pet friendly
- Southern Roasting Company Manjimup – great coffee and cafe food
- Park Manjimup- cafe at the Manjimup Timber and Heritage Park
- Source Kitchen Pemberton-pet friendly
- Blue Tiger Cafe Manjimup
- Two Black Birds Cafe Manjimup pet friendly
- Sage Cafe Pemberton
- Wild at Heart Pemberton
- Southern Forests Chocolate Company – hand crafted chocolates for that special treat