Booking Terms & Cancellation Policy
Your booking with us constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
A deposit is required to be paid to the accommodation provider by the person booking accommodation as a gesture of goodwill and a promise between the accommodation provider and the guest to ensure that both parties honour their responsibility – the accommodation provider to reserve the accommodation and not book it out to another party, and the guest to arrive on the given date for the specified amount of time and paying the agreed tariff. Sometimes unfortunate circumstances prevent guests from honouring their booking and in most cases other enquiries have been turned away by the accommodation provider in order to hold the reservation. For this reason the accommodation provider reserves the right to enforce the following terms:
- Deposit Amount: A deposit is required to confirm all bookings. The amount of deposit will be equal to 50% of the total accommodation booking and is required to be paid within 5 days of the initial booking date to confirm the reservation. The remaining tariff is due on arrival to the property. Immediate deposits are required when the reservation date is within 7 days of the initial booking.
- Security: Credit Card details must be supplied as security for all reservations regardless whether the deposit is to be charged to that credit card.
- No Credit Card? In the event that credit card details are unable to be supplied, full payment of the reservation tariff is required as deposit; and a cash security bond of $200 will be required at the time of check in.
- Payment: Payments may be made by MasterCard, Visa, online transfer, cash, cheque, postal money order, and in most instances via www.diamondforest.com.au using credit card details.
- Cheque Deposit: If sending a cheque deposit, this must be received by the accommodation provider prior to 14 days of the reservation date to confirm the booking.
- Balance of Payment: Balance of payment is due on arrival. Please note that cheque payments will not be accepted on the day of arrival.
- Cancellation: In the event that a guest cancels a reservation the accommodation provider will make all endeavours to fill the cancelled dates.
- Cancellation Alternative: As an alternative to cancelling a booking, a guest may choose to transfer their booking “as is” to a friend or family member. Dates will remain as booked and will not be rescheduled by the accommodation provider.
- Cancellation Fees: If the accommodation provider is able to fill a cancelled booking the deposit will be refunded less a cancellation fee of $35 plus any additional costs incurred in filling the vacancy.
- Cancellation Fees: For cancellations during both peak and off peak seasons where the resulting vacancy is unable to be filled and the accommodation provider has turned away other bookings to hold the reservation the full amount of the reservation tariff will be automatically charged to the credit card.
- Cancellation Fees: For cancellations during both peak and off peak seasons where the resulting vacancy is unable to be filled and the accommodation provider has not turned away other bookings to hold the reservation the full amount of the deposit will be non-refundable.
- Failure to arrive on the reservation date will incur full payment of the reservation tariff and will be automatically charged to the credit card.
- Cottage Allocation: In most cases cottage allocation is not discussed with a guest at time of booking. Diamond Forest Cottages allocates cottages to guests according to bedding configurations and the suitability of sleeping arrangements to each individual booking. Occasionally a particular cottage may be requested by a guest and Diamond Forest Cottages will endeavour to accommodate all requests, however a different cottage may be allocated on arrival according to other bookings received and sleeping arrangements required.
- Cleaning and Damages: A fixed amount of time is allocated to clean each cottage at guest departure. The cottage should be left in a tidy state which includes washing and drying dishes. Time required for additional cleaning will be charged at $40 per hour or part thereof. The guest is responsible for any damages or breakages. Additional cleaning and damages will be automatically charged to your credit card.
- Late Checkout: If not pre-arranged with management, checkout after 10am where cleaners are delayed will be charged at $40 per hour or part thereof.
- Change of date: A change of date will be considered under the same guidelines as for cancellations listed above.